7-8

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Matthew's Exhibition: Brains from the Future

I’m Matthew, and I’m writing a summary of my exhibition, which happened at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 11. 

The subject of my Exhibition was human evolution and brain size. I started by introducing myself, and then giving a quick Evolution 101 so that I could explain my ideas. Next, I showed my timeline of human brain sizes over the past 7,000,000 years, and then proceeded to take questions, which were mostly about why the homo neanderthalensis brain was bigger than ours. 

Then, I moved onto my theory of humans evolving into two separate species, the wealthy and the poor, because of access to technology. I explained the theory--that technology does a lot of the brain's work for the wealthy, which might impact development, and that the larger amount of physical labor done by the poor might have a different impact.

For an activity, I made contests for two groups. The poor raced down and up the stairs for chocolate coins, and the wealthy raced to find information on the computer for the chocolate coin wrappers (for money) and a fake $100 bill. After all this, my 30 minutes was up, so I wrapped up my exhibition, took a few more questions, thanked my attendees, and distributed the remaining chocolate coins among them.

That’s it for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment